Monday, August 27, 2012

Projects and Motivation


A lot of people ask me if I ever sleep. Needless to say I have a lot of interests, hobbies, and activities I like to do. It can be overwhelming at times except that I am also insanely organized and love to map out my day, week, month, year with all the things I am doing, would like to do, and need to do (and then reorganize that for better efficiency). 

One of the things I have noticed about myself in the years since being out of school is that I love to have a routine, and the routine usually includes rotating through various activities after work. Such as, one month I'll be really into knitting; I'll breeze through ten projects, plan out ten more, and just become totally consumed with knitting projects. Then that will sort of wane off and I'll get some great ideas for art making, then the next month is spent deep in paint, pencils, and paper churning out vast numbers of large and small works of art. Then I'll get a sewing inspiration and have to spend the next few weeks creating a new wardrobe for myself and all my close friends and family. If you know me (or read any of the four blogs I write), you know I’m not exaggerating! I don't really watch TV, and if I do I'm knitting while watching. I don't go out to eat or drink much, and take very few mall or shopping trips. This affords a lot of time to be busy giving myself carpal tunnel! 

Currently "on my needles" are a two-color patterned vest in fingering weight wool (I have about 1/5 left to do!), a brown silk/wool fingering weight pullover sweater for Justin (just have to finish 1/2 a sleeve and seam it up!), a two-tone slip-stitch patterned blue cotton fingering weight pullover for me (started at my residency, finished the back and set it aside to chill), and a three-color funky patterned sock from "The Joy of Sox" (a present from Dana!) using stash wool/acrylic yarn (almost done with the first sock. This was a spur of the moment project I started because I just needed something different to work on!). I'm also getting ready to start knitting small sets of Christmas presents for my close family. These are currently a bit of a secret but they are multi-colored wool and I will post a whole series about the process after the new year! 

So those are my current knitting projects, next week I'll post about the awesome sewing collaboration project I started with Dana!

No comments:

Post a Comment