Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Hankies!

These hankies are surprisingly sturdy and can  be washed in the machine!
Here's the back. I'm a pretty novice embroiderer, but I try to keep it neat! I love my rolled hem job though!

I love using hankies. They're especially great when I'm riding my bike and need something that will last through the commute and not disintegrate or fly away when I grab it out of my pocket! I have a few packets of Sublime Stitching embroidery patterns that I've been using to decorate squares of hand-hemmed cream linen. The one pictured above is almost done, it's my second one. The first one had a great bird on it but I accidentally left it somewhere while changing for work, rats! Hopefully someone who found it is enjoying it! I can't wait to make some more. Hankies will also be a feature in a cool new project that Dana and I are hatching. More details on that soon!

1 comment:

  1. hankies are cool!
    I always use them and have for years.
    glad you are keeping the tradition going...
    smh xoxo

    ReplyDelete